Official Report for December 12, 2015

This forum is dedicated to the preservation of the WWII submarine USS Torsk in Baltimore, MD

Moderators: Gilbert, Bruce

Official Report for December 12, 2015

Postby TVA » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:23 pm

Crew on board: COB Bill, Chief Mike, Cathy, Chuck, Dan Susek, Bruce, Frank M, Jaime E, Ski, Dave T, Charlie B, Al F, and Tracey.

A large crew took on some big jobs.

Maintenance:

1) Dave and Charlie worked on re-lamping the boat. Ski helped. It will take time to catch up with maintenance of the florescent lighting fixtures.
2) Dave restored power to the Auxilliary AC Switchboard.
3) Chuck, Frank and Dan [Susek, of Triangle Sign] worked on the design of the new plexiglass barrier that will go in the Forward Torpedo Room.
4) Cathy and Tracey conducted house-keeping in the Galley and Crew’s Mess.
5) Tracey polished in Control and in the engine rooms.
6) Ski conducted general maintenance where needed.

Restoration:

1) COB Bill and Chief Mike surveyed the equipment in Radio to see what had survived over a year and half of non-use: R-390 HF receiver, SRR-13A HF receiver, Audio patch panel, Audio amp, Speaker, 2 of the 4 Headphone jacks, the 2 teletype converters, and the Snorkel mast whip antenna.
2) Chiefs Bill and Mike also checked the URR-13 UHF receiver, which works fine, but the fan is noisy. So, it will need some maintenance. The centerline whip antenna also needs maintenance, but this work can wait until Spring. They then checked their paperwork to find out, exactly, where their work had left off. They decided to start with troubleshooting and repairing the gain problem on the RBS HF receiver. Other maintenance and repairs that will be a priority will be: Install a new long-wire antenna (Spring), Complete repairs to the URC-32 and obtain and install new cables for the TCS-12 HF transmitter-receiver.
3) Ski and Dave disassembled the Target Bearing Transmitter and Charlie helped haul it out of the boat for restoration by Dave and Frank at Dave’s this winter.

4) Bruce worked in Archives.
5) Tracey worked in the Wardroom.

Total Volunteer hours:

• For the week: 45.
• For the year: 344.
TVA

Re: Official Report for December 12, 2015

Postby Darrin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:52 pm

George Vest did a lot of work on the TBT stand at his home and I helped out a little while he had it, I do hope that you all can finish what was started regarding the restoration of the TBT stand and get it all back together once more.

V/R,

Darrin
Darrin

Re: Official Report for December 12, 2015

Postby Malcom » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:31 pm

Yes, Darrin - Chief Mike has it.

I don't think ours is quite like the one in the picture, but it's a nice picture.

Here's LAGARTO's:

Here's the sub museum's:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/crawlee/P1010367.jpg
Malcom

Return to General Discussion