New updates

This forum is dedicated to the preservation of the WWII submarine USS Torsk in Baltimore, MD

Moderators: Gilbert, Bruce

New updates

Postby soundman » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:32 am

I know the pest is back..... OK now that we have permission to go back on the boat is the local crew
getting back into the weekend swing of taking care of the boat?
Sure would like a update on the progress. I know every one is very busy but even a short update now
and then would be great, since not all of us live in the Maryland area.
Also sure hope we have a work weekend this year. Getting sub withdrawals, lungs need to be reintroduced to interior
air. LOL :D
John Kill
Original Torsk Bandit
soundman

Re: New updates

Postby Malcom » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:58 am

John, I think Chief Mike is out of town, so I'll take a stab at answering your inquiry. When Mike gets back he can correct me and take away my right to answer questions in pen and demote me back to pencils only.

We're in the paperwork phase of returning to the boat. So, we're heading in the right direction.

I don't think I'm exceeding my knowledge of the process to say that organizing a Work Weekend would be quite a challenge at this late date. That's Chief Mike's call - we've certainly performed enough miracles on the boat - but I think he'd really have to pull a rabbit out of his hat to get a WWE organized and going. Perhaps a scaled-down WWE is an option, or one in early Spring. A decision on a WWE is also contingent on an assessment of work priorities once we're back on board. That's above my pay grade.

That's my take, John. Mike might have a more substantive answer for you when he gets back.

We miss you guys!

xoxo

Tracey
Malcom

Postby Paul » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:04 pm

I'm working on a design project for Constellation and went down today to go through the photo archive. I noticed some work going on over on Torsk's sail and asked what was happening. The boat is getting a fresh paint job and I am happy to be able to announce that the "teeth" are GONE, at least on the starboard side, and the port side is next!
Paul

Postby Gilbert » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:31 am

No teeth! Never thought I would see the day....

Thanks for the update Paul!

G
Gilbert

Postby Malcom » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:15 pm

Does anyone know if this is permanent, or what?
Malcom

Postby Paul » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:50 pm

Malcom wrote:Does anyone know if this is permanent, or what?

Yes, I do believe that it is.
Paul

Postby soundman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:17 pm

Thanks Paul
As the saying goes: All good thing comes to those who wait. Boy have we been waiting. Now all we need is to get back to
doing what we all love to do. Sure hope that will happen real soon. We have not had a spring work weekend in a very long time.
John Kill
Original Torsk Bandit
soundman

Postby Paul » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:05 am

Thanks, Al, for posting up the new picture to the main page.
Paul

Return to General Discussion